Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2/9 - Another snow day

I never thought snow days would be something that would make me angry. But that seems to be the case this year.

Today, UNT had another snow day, caused by a severe dusting of snow that covered the grass and parts of the sidewalks. Either that, or it was just too cold for a Texan to go anywhere today.

I miss Colorado.

So today, I slept in, and wrote something on piano. It sounds pretty good. I'm sick of playing it right now, so I'll probably record it and put it up some time later.

I jammed with the Jesses and Ronan for two hours, and it was exceptionally fun today. We had new stuff to play, and new ideas to use on old tunes, and it just worked.

For example, one of our songs starts in 6/8, but the subdivision switches around between 2s and 3s. Then they play a lick in 4 while I play in 6, and then they play in 5 while I play in 6. And there are parts that have beats moved around to other measures, and sometimes I play in a different time signature just to mess with everyone's heads. It's a workout, and I love it.

I'm practicing for early barriers, but since the practice rooms weren't open, I've only done snare stuff today.

I guess that's about it.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment