Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2/22 #2

Let's go backwards today.

I guess you guys already know as much about gamelan as I do, except for what it looks like. So:



There you go.

I just got done with that. I'm playing gender on our hard tune, Jaya Semara, which the ensemble played when they went to PASIC. It's ridiculous. And I'm playing jegogan on the song I already put up here. I like that also.

Found Jaya Semara!

http://www.gsj.org/node/65

Before that, I had dinner and a sectional, and before that I had band practice.

This afternoon Kurt played at the lecture series and rocked. I have video, but slow internet restrains me from uploading it. So be it.

I went to the lecture series after my lesson with Christopher Deane, in which we talked about some different methods of dampening timpani, as well as how chain drive timpani work and all sorts of cool things. I love those lessons.

Theory was good, my test went okay. Today has flown by, and I feel like I should probably go do something before it's too late to go do something. I'll probably practice.

Tomorrow I'm going to SMU and playing there pretty early in the morning with African Ensemble. I shouldn't miss too many classes.

Hope you've had a good week so far, thanks for reading.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment