Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2/8

Larry Goldings came to UNT today.





I didn't know very much about him before today, but I liked what I got to know today. He had a lot of good ideas about improvisation and ear training, and he could sound like whatever instrument he wanted and create whatever emotion he wanted to. I liked that a lot.

Gamelan was good, theory was good (and hilarious), my singers sectional was good.

I missed a lesson today, only because I totally forgot about it. I hadn't had one in two weeks and I couldn't remember what time we were meeting. I'll talk to him tomorrow and hopefully straighten everything out.

Ed Soph passed me in the hallway today and said "So, I heard you're starting to like me?" I was confused. Turns out he reads this every once in a while.

Lesson for the day:
Watch what you say, because on the internet, anyone can see it.

Class dismissed.

M

P.S.,
Mr. Soph, if you're reading this one, could we do a drumset lesson? I like the way you play.

No comments:

Post a Comment