Monday, February 28, 2011

2/28

Today was a good day and a bad day.

Come to think of it, that's always how days are. Days are never perfect, and days are never absolutely terrible. What I'm trying to say is, overall, my day was average. I guess.

I woke up at 8, an hour early, and went to the gym, which was a good way to start my morning. I don't know why it took my so long to realize that working out wakes you up, but I just figured it out like two weeks ago, and I've been using or avoiding the gym depending on whether or not I should be in bed soon.

I went to Aural Skills, and as a class we were reasonable today. Go team.

Then I practiced for an hour, but I was still struggling to keep afloat in my percussion ensemble today. Singers was productive, but I guess anything could be productive compared to Percussion Group today.

I've dropped the ball almost daily in there, and I'm getting tired of it, as I'm sure everyone else is. So I'm doing some spring cleaning, not only for my room, but for my study habits, productivity and character in general. I've been slacking off recently, and with only two weeks until spring break (and less than that until midterms), I shouldn't be doing that.

My lesson wasn't very good today either. Sorry Ryan.

Around African Ensemble, things started to look up. It was a pretty good hour of rehearsal, and I came back home and organized all of my papers, put away my laundry and cleaned my room, spent some of my weekend paycheck at Sukhothai, and did my theory homework.

This evening, I attended a very well organized, thorough and entertaining Master's Recital courtesy of my Jazz Singers II director, Kathryn Stachitus. The music selection was interesting, and the arrangements were very nice. There wasn't a bad tune in the set, and I'm really glad I went to see it. Kathryn, if you ever read this, good job.

So, part bad day, part good day, but it ended on the good day section, so right now I'm doing just fine.

I had a good weekend. I brought home $25 and a pizza on the handlebars of my bike after the church service on Sunday. The show Senor Fin played on Friday was awesome, and we played an encore and melted various faces. We're playing again on Saturday, on my birthday, and the day after an African Concert and a Snarky Puppy concert. I'm so excited for this weekend. Goodness.

If you haven't heard of Snarky Puppy, here's a video:



After you watch it, you'll probably realize why I'm so excited for this weekend.

Well that's not the only reason. But still.

M

1 comment:

  1. Can I be first to wish you a Happy 18th Birthday? Even though that technically means you are an adult, I still am and will always be your mother! Glad you have an exciting weekend planned. Sent a silly package to Kate's house today. Hope it gets there by this weekend. See you soon. mom

    ReplyDelete