Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2/22

Hey everyone.

Blue Knights camp was awesome. The food was really good, I slept pretty nicely. All of the music is really fun, and I have some parts that are difficult enough to be interesting, but not too difficult to ever get. I'm really excited, and I'm going to keep the music a secret so you have to come see me on tour.

Ha.

I flew first class to and from camp, which was pretty nice, especially since it was free (frequent flier miles). They gave me water in a legit, breakable glass, and I could lean my chair back.and I got off the plane first. Besides those things, and getting through security faster at DIA, it's basically the same.

Today I had a Jazz Singers rehearsal, which went pretty well, two Percussion Group rehearsals, which went pretty well overall, and one and a half African rehearsals, which were groovy as usual.

We're playing a piece called Sharpened Stick in Percussion Group, and my part is pretty fun. Here's a cool video of it:



It's hard to follow at first, but if you listen to it a couple of times it gets easier to understand. What we can play as an ensemble right now sounds pretty good, and I'm excited for more rehearsals.

Kurt Rosenwinkel is here at UNT this week, and if you don't know who he is, you should google him. I watched him rehearse with the One O'Clock tonight and not only does he have some chops, but he has good input and seems like a pretty nice guy. I'm looking forward to his big concert on Thursday, and his lecture tomorrow, which I will record parts of.

It takes a ridiculous amount of time to upload a video here at Bruce, so I think I'll just put all of my videos up over spring break, and once they're up I'll repost them on here.

Right now, I'm doing laundry and studying for my Poli Sci test tomorrow. I probably should have started earlier. It's pretty late.

That's all for now.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment