Friday, January 28, 2011

1/28 - I Love Weekends.

Today was awesome. Really, really awesome.

I had a good shower, a good breakfast with good people, and went to Aural Skills and aced a quiz.

In Composition, I didn't sound like an idiot, which is always a possibility.

In Singers, I knew most of my part for a syncopated, fast samba tune we hadn't even started working on yet, and I helped out a lot on solidifying the rhythm. It was cool to be the only one who really understood what was going on at that moment.

I went to the percussion departmental, which was good. Three new youtube videos.

I came home and watched Community and The Office, and they were both really good.

I went to Bullseye Bike Shop to buy a new bike. It's so cool. Thank you so much, granddad.

I came back and jammed with some of my friends who were sitting in front of Bruce. I played some drumset, some guitar, a little bass, but mostly djembe, and we played everything from surf bossa to blues to hip-hop, with my R.A. and his friends freestyling over it for an hour.

I came home and uploaded videos, and the fire alarm went off. It was a drill, don't worry.

I ate some really good brownies and watched 30 Rock and Parks and Rec.

Today was a very, very good day.

New videos:







I liked the last one the most. Well, that, and there was another one that I didn't record because it was all one note.

The one note was a roll on a sheet of resonant metal, like a thunder sheet. It went from inaudible to really soft, all the way up to loud and all the way back down. It was cool not only to hear all of the different overtones the metal created but to feel the tension the overtones created.

I'm going to go ride my bike.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment