Thursday, January 27, 2011

1/27

Today was lazy, man. Too lazy to even have a title.

I didn't go to government. I tried to get up at 7:30 to go work out, then 8:30 just to get to class, but it wouldn't happen. I did manage to go to theory, though, but she talked about every single thing you could possibly cover about secondary dominants, so I drew a pretty picture.

I went home and watched 30 Rock. Since I started college I've started watching different TV shows, mostly out of "boredom," which shouldn't really be possible as a music major, considering we shouldn't have free time. But, I watch a lot of Hulu, and so does Dean, and we kind of subliminally encourage each other's TV habits.

Kids, when you go to college, don't stay at home and watch Nova all day.

I did that one day. I learned a lot.

I guess you could stay at home and watch Nova all day, but just for one day.

I surfed around on Kerry Marsh's website, kerrymarsh.com . Some of my favorite tunes I've heard of his are renditions of "Uninvited," "Higher Ground," and "Silent Night." I've done/am doing a lot of his stuff too. He's a cool dude.

I was looking for recordings of the music we're singing in Singers right now. I can't tell you what songs they are yet, but you'll know soon.

Looking at of the random music Kerry Marsh put his own spin on inspired me to put my own spin on something. So I grabbed my computer and a practice room key and cranked out a jazzy, chromatic version of "When I Fall In Love," and I'm hoping it doesn't sound too much like the Real Group version. Since I only have 60 seconds of music, and it only sounds like ahs on Sibelius, I'll wait until it actually sounds decent to show it to you.

And then I came back home and watched Arrested Development. A lot of it. And I felt guilty so I went to the gym for the first time all semester.

When I had a bike, I would go to the gym every day, because it only took 30 seconds to get down there. But now that I have to walk there, I don't want to go stationary bike, because walking is tedious. I prefer biking to my bike, and biking back.

Sorry I didn't really talk about music much today.

Some days just have to be like that.

M

1 comment:

  1. good morning hope things are going fine.wish you
    would get in contact with me. cell phone 540 239 1371 or email andrewnester@swva.net or skype me
    andrew nester1. have a good day it's snowing here. grandday andy

    ReplyDelete