Sunday, January 16, 2011

1/16 - A New Semester, Part Two

Hey everyone. I'm starting up again on Tuesday, my first day of class. I'm pretty excited.

Blue Knights camp went well. The front ensemble got music for the prelude, which is Holst's 1st Suite in Eb, complete with a very loud but not too difficult timpani part. It sounds good, especially with the battery and all of the brass. We (the front ensemble) learned the prelude in around 4 hours, then put it together with the battery and brass, and that was all that we did Saturday.

I ate tuna and PB&J, and bagels for breakfast. I slept on the floor on a terrifically comfortable air mattress. I'm trying to get used to it before the tour starts.

I was offered a contract this morning, and I signed all of my paperwork and turned it in, so once I pay all of my dues, I am officially a Blue Knight. Pretty exciting, huh?

Today I left camp at noon and headed to the airport after saying goodbye to my family and Zoe. I'm mostly settled in to my dorm, I'm washing my sheets as I write. I should probably take a shower soon.

If you want to see all of the places BK is going on tour this year, I made a map:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=202726825914900715609.00049959b2b78bcbec648
and
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid= 202726825914900715609.00049959bd616ca602db9

I forgot to add Van Buren, Arkansas on there. But that should be it.

I think it's pretty cool.

Thanks for reading, see you on Tuesday!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment