Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1/18 - First Day Back

Today, folks, was a very good day.

I woke up at 8, took a hot shower, read the morning comics and ate a granola bar, and went to American and Texas Government. The class will probably be a joke. An 85% is still an A.

That's the last time I will ever mention that class on this blog, I promise.

Then I went to Theory II and caught up with my theory buddies. We didn't do anything today, which was pretty nice.

After classes I went to the Eagle Student Services Center (is that what it stands for?) to get a new id, so I could eat lunch. I think I lost my id in the accident, but I can't really remember. Whatever happened, now I don't have to spend money that I don't have to eat food. Hooray.

I ate food, played some pool, relaxed for a little bit, went to the union and the library to get cds, and made my way back to the music building for my next "class."

On Tuesdays at 2 I'm attending a "Jazz Lecture Series," which is actually famous musicians that are brought in to jam and hang out with you once a week. Awesome. All I have to do to get an A is attend every class period and write a little two page paper. Oh, and hang out with legends. Don't want to forget that part.

Let's see... I talked to the Financial Aid people about overpaying tuition, and they're fixing it so Dad is getting a substantial amount of money back. I talked to Mr. and Mrs. Ford about percussion-y things, and everything is swell; I'm playing in the Percussion Group, I can take the Percussion Methods test whenever I want, and I don't have to do my juries until the end of the semester. Yesss.

I ate dinner and went to Gamelan, which was really fun. I got to play actual instruments, which, sadly, made Gamelan Ensemble the most productive class I attended all day. The teacher, Ed Smith, is a pretty silly dude who rambles and gets off topic a lot, but he tells excellent stories and is a beast at jazz vibes, I've heard.

We played a couple of little patterns and put them together and made a little song. It took a little bit to get the dampening technique down, but I think with a little practice I should be pretty good. Only time will tell... and this blog, I guess.

And now I'm sitting in my bed, telling everyone how my day was. It was a good day.

Looking back at this will remind me that I need to ask someone to get tickets to this event:



Thanks for reading everyone, see you tomorrow!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment