Monday, April 11, 2011

4/11

Momma called me out for not writing very much anymore, so I guess I can conjure something up.

Let's see...

I guess this will just be one of those posts where I fill you in on everything that's happening in my life, as much as I dislike those.

Senor Fin is slowly becoming a force here in Denton. We played at Hailey's, a cool joint where Snarky Puppy always plays when they come, on Wednesday, and we played a house party on Saturday. We're playing again this thursday and on Monday the 25th.

www.facebook.com/senorfin

I sang with Singers Friday Night, and that went really well. Our last concert is Sunday the 1st of May as a part of Denton Arts and Jazz Festival:

http://www.dentonjazzfest.com/

All of the lab bands, Latin Jazz, all of the Singers groups, Jazz Repertory, the two guitar ensembles, African and Steel Band are playing, and that's just on one stage. Brave Combo will be there, and so will Marvin Stamm, Fred Hamilton's group, and a whole ensemble made up of UNT Faculty. Every time I think about it I get more excited.

Unfortunately, Blue Knights camp is the same weekend, and since I wouldn't be in good standing in my classes if I missed this concert, I'm staying home.

Timpani lessons are good, mallet lessons are good. Here's the piece I'm learning for mallets:



It's a little fast, but still pretty darn good.

Hm.. we're learning about twelve-tone matrices in composition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve-tone_technique

It's pretty complicated and I don't fully understand it yet.

I think that's all I've got. Have a good day.

M

1 comment:

  1. Momma says thanks! I'm glad you put the link to Senor Fin on there. I can't wait to get something to download the songs on!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete