Friday, December 17, 2010

12/17 - Blue Knights

Hello everyone. It's been a while.

Since I'm doing something musical, I figured I would let you know.

I'm trying out for the Blue Knights drum and bugle corps this weekend, Friday - Sunday. I don't really know what to expect, except that it will be awesome. A lot of hard working, dedicated, talented people all in one place. I'm excited even if I don't make it.

I'll take this time to preach a little bit. I would love to play tenors in Blue Knights, I really would. But I would also love to play bass, or play in pit, mallets or timpani or whatever. I would really like the experience. And everyone knows that you're more likely to get the job if you keep yourself open to any opportunity you feel you're even slightly prepared for or would like to experience.

Not really preaching.

If you're not familiar with the Blue Knights, or with drum corps in general, I'll show you what all the excitement is about.

This is a best of video. It rocks. A lot.



This is a classic. Malaguena, by the Madison Scouts, one of two all-male corps:




Blue Knights bass line, in 2007. They were, uh, pretty good.



Also, these guys are pretty good.



If you like that, YouTube DCI. That's really the only place you can look for free. It used to be on ESPN but drum corps gets worse ratings than pool, WSOP or bowling. Which is kinda lame.

Or go to dci.org!

Hope you're having a good winter break, or break, or winter.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment