Thursday, December 2, 2010

12/02 - Done for the semester

On Tuesday, I was riding my bike to a rehearsal when a car turned in front of me and hit me. I woke up in the hospital and spent two nights recovering and finding out what happened to me. Fortunately, I ended up with just a concussion, a laceration on my head (12 stitches), a pretty bloody ear, and some cuts, but for not wearing a helmet, I got pretty lucky.

They say you're not supposed to ride on the sidewalk, which is what I was doing. But, the street where I was riding has pretty narrow lanes, and when I have ridden on the street, a couple of cars have gotten a little close. The Colorado drivers are a little friendlier because there are laws, but the Texas drivers are a little more.. uh, scary.

A proposal was proposed to put bike lanes on the street I was riding on earlier this year, but nothing ever happened, and I think I'm the second or third person who's been hit on that street in the past couple months. For a college town, you'd think it would be a little more bike friendly; hopefully it's getting to be that way.

I'm out of the hospital now, but since I have a concussion, I'm not supposed to be thinking a lot (or typing this blog) for at least two weeks, which forces me to miss all of my auditions, juries, and finals. So I'm going home with my mom this weekend, and I think my teachers are letting me finish things up when I get back in the spring, which is very gracious of them. Thank you.

So. I guess I won't be writing very much in the near future, because 1. I have a concussion, and 2. I won't be at UNT, which is part of the premise of this blog. But I'll let you all know about anything cool and musical I'm doing back home, and I'll keep this up next semester.

Thank you for reading, and thank you for all the prayers and such. I had a lot of fun this semester.

M

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad you survived that bicycle accident. I actually witnessed you being hit. You actually fell alongside the side of my car and I called 911 because the driver of the mercury mountaineer was so shaken up. Been wondering about your well being ever since. Not sure if you’ll ever see this, but I thought I’d say something.

    ReplyDelete