Thursday, September 22, 2011

9/22



This is a piece called "It Is Time," written by Steve Mackey. So Percussion, the performers in this video, played it when they came to UNT as well, and it was awesome.

Today won't really have a theme, I don't think, I'll probably just show and tell about a bunch of cool stuff I learned... which is the theme for this blog anyways, I guess.

Did you know that there are 6 unidentified, unexplained sounds recorded in the waters of the ocean? One of them was recorded at the exact same time with the exact same frequencies in two places over 5,000 miles apart, which means that no animal (that we know of...) could have produced it, and it's probably even too large of a sound to be caused by anything we have made. Weird stuff.

In my Acoustics class, we were assigned a group project, in which we were to record 5 objects producing sounds, and produce "musique concrete," which, to my understanding, is electronic music made with acoustic samples and sounds. So I made this:

TTV (concrete remix) by mason-lynass

Which is based off of this:



I'm playing two shows with Senor Fin, one tonight and one tomorrow, both at J&J's. We're playing with Sundress, a pretty legit Denton band, tonight before they go on tour to the East and West Coasts... all over the place, really. And then Friday we're headlining with some of our friends. Should be awesome.

http://www.strandbeest.com/index.php One of the coolest ideas I've seen in a long time.

I've been all over craigslist recently trying to find cheap cymbals or cool things to hit, but I guess it's all for naught since I don't have any income. I'm trying to get a job delivering food on my bike, but so far, no dice.

This week, I wrote some electro music, and some drumline cadences, and part-wrote for theory, and wrote a tune, and arranged Debussy. Pretty composition heavy, which is a little abnormal, but great in phases.

I don't have much to say, I just feel kinda bad for not saying anything recently.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment