Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day Four - Taking advantage of free things

Over the weekend I found out I am severely out of money. I have a hundred dollars. That has to last me for a while. That's a scary thought. I can't just go out and buy food from anywhere whenever I want it, or have coffee with a study break, or eat out with friends all the time. It kinda sucks, to be honest.

But at the same time, not having any money makes you look harder to find things that are still available to you, and to appreciate what you already have.

- Food at Bruce isn't bad when you can eat as much as you want from early to 8 pm. As much as you want.
- Saltines and ramen and Uncle Ben's Ready Rice are great. Saltines were great anyway.
- Thanks to free rec center, I am going to have massive legs when I come home.
- Thanks to free music library, I am going to have massive megs (and gigs) of music when I come home.
- Instead of looking for ways to spend cash, I can spend time practicing. There's a good investment. *wink*
- Even a four dollar cover charge is a lot. That's sad.
- I would love a job. As long as I can get there on my bike, and it doesn't interfere with my already kinda busy schedule. Hm.
- I love my bike.
- Free jazz is so much worse than a jazz show that doesn't cost any money to get into. (Unless it's free free jazz)

Somehow I've just been happier without all of the unnecessary sandwiches and mochas and lollygagging and fro yo. Maybe it's cuz I'm taking advantage of the time I have with the people around me, and the things that are already mine.

Maybe the best things in life really are free.

On a slightly more musical note, I went to a show at the Greenhouse tonight (it was free.) The band was pretty good, especially the pianist and the drummer. I talked to the drummer, who I saw at another concert I'd been to before, and asked him if I could take lessons with him some time. He said sure.

So I may be taking lessons with the drummer from the 2 or 3 O' Clock Lab Band. I don't remember which.

That's about it. I'm sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment